Monday, January 02, 2006

How did I get here?

I have this friend you see; Preacher, Psychiatrist and prolific blogger, a true first fiddler of a man except in matters of DIY and common sense; you know the type. So it's new year's day and I am sat at my computer looking at my favourite photography website (PhotoSig) and waiting for Rolf Harris to start painting The Queen, when in bursts my friend ( he is incapable of a quiet entrance ) accompanied by his four children.
" You know what you need Dave?"
" Ear plugs?"
" No"
" what then?"
" What you need, my friend, is your very own blog."
"I do?"
" You most certainly do, and old Adrian here is gonna set one up for you." Now he is known to move in the prophetic; and I have no desire to disobey God. So following a twenty minute typing frenzy, peppered with words as close to swearing as my friend ever gets, I am the proud keeper of a blog.
" What next?" I asked.
" you blog."
" About what?"
" Anything you like "

So I suppose that is what I will do then, blog about things I like, things like The Bible, Photography, family, friends, sport, and whatever else comes to mind.

God bless
Dave

7 Comments:

Blogger SB said...

i think Adrian is either a prophet or the son of a prophet

4:49 PM  
Blogger Dave Routledge said...

Hi Scottyb

Thank you very much for your comment.You have the dubious honour of being the first person to comment on my blog. You are obviously familiar with Adtrian's blog as you rightly perceive the prophetic gift in him. In fact he is testimony to his own arguments about cessastionism, though modesty prevents him from saying so.

I will look through your blog soon and post a comment there. Once again thank you.
God bless
Dave

7:55 AM  
Blogger Dotun said...

dave, did adrian tell you that he is intending you to be stucked on this stuff like he does.
its good to see you blogging, and i hope to see more stuff from you unlike me.
a quik question, why is your background color black...............it is a reflection of something?

5:16 AM  
Blogger Pig wot flies said...

Hey Dave! Can we expect more great photography then?

7:10 AM  
Blogger Dave Routledge said...

Dear Dotun and pig wot flies.

Thank you for commenting, I was really thrilled to see the comments had gone up to 4. I can't quite see myself reaching the same dizzy heights as Adrian (Prince of Bloggers) , but I do hope to maintain a reasonable level of posts. If I am still going for as long as you guys I'll be happy, first I have to get to grips with the technology, but I do have my next post already planned. Now to answer your questions.

As far as I know, black does not reflect anything; it just caught my eye and I also think it is the best background for displaying photographs.

Yes you can expect more photography; whether it will be great is a different matter, but I would appreciate your comments as I know pig wot flies is also pig wot takes photographs of spectacular London sunsets, soon to be spectacular Cambridge sunsets.

God bless
Dave

10:56 AM  
Blogger SB said...

you got six now

10:37 AM  
Blogger Dotun said...

dont try to sleep off like i do.........keep writing

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home