Thursday, January 05, 2006

The Power of Photographs

Photography and the Bible are two of my passions, and whilst I was wondering how to combine them, I came across this most sobering post by ScottyB entitled Best Photos of 2005. It consists of a collection of photographs published in Time Magazine; any attempt from me to describe them would be futile, so please just go and look for yourself.

I would also strongly recommend the sermon from John Piper, especially if you have a heart for the poor. In it Piper reminds us that, " a forgiven sinner, through the blood of Christ has a compassionate heart".

God bless
Dave

3 Comments:

Blogger SB said...

you got it Dave that was the point

I took a sabbatical for the holidays but my next blog post will be on these photos and the sermon-the photos and the sermon so shocked me
that it contributed to my sabbatical

i havent felt like wanting to add anything to my blog since because i was so convicted--we need to redouble our efforts towards ministering to the hurting

7:45 PM  
Blogger Dave Routledge said...

Hi Scotty

I am constantly being surprised by God these days. Adrian only set the blog up for me so I could post comments on his site, and yet, because of it, and through your blog, I was able to hear John Piper's sermon which had the effect of rekindling my heart for the poor and disadvantaged. For God to put you across my path at this time in my life is an amazing encouragement for me. I am seeking God's will on this, as I am sure you are too. This week is a week of Prayer and fasting for our church and with your permission I will add you to my list of things to pray for, let me know any specifics. I intend to post on the matter in the next few days. I love the fact that God uses what man considers to be his acheivement, (internet), to fulfill His purposes.

God bless
Dave

12:15 PM  
Blogger SB said...

Thank you Dave Sincerely

Please pray for my mom Lia in the loss of her mother/my grandmother. Please pray for the salvation of my family & please pray that God could use me in ministering to the poor and needy at home and in the Nations. I need to be strengthened by God for this work. Pray specifically that God strengthens my time with him in communion.

Thank you so much for your note. God is awesome.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home